We kick things off with a new cut from Chico Mann's new album Magical Thinking. This album reaffirms why Chico Mann is one of the most innovative acts on the planet. We also work in an extended cut from Reggie Watts, one of my other personal favorites (Brought to you by The Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions).
1. Comes and Goes - Chico Mann ft. Kalmia Traver
2. Pyar Baile - Zuzuka Poderosa
3. It's Never Over - Avan Lava
4. So Good Yeah - Reggie Watts
5. 1991 - Azealia Banks
6. Last Night - Great Tiger
7. Magic Touch - Chico Mann
8. Heart Seed - DJ Sun ft. Leah Alvarez & Martin Perna
The 70th edition of The Afro-Marc Podcast is an afro-heavy mix featuring some new music from Grant Phabao Afrofunk Arkestra, Cody Chestnutt, the Fangnawa Experience and more. Keep it funky (Brought to you by The Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions).
1. Ogun - Grant Phabao Afrofunk Arkestra feat. Franck Biyong, Nicolas Baudino, Zakari Frantz
2. You Can't Turn Me Away - Sylvia Striplin
3. I've Been There - Cody Chestnutt
4. Kelen - Fanga & Maalem Abdallah Guinea
5. The Ratcatcher - Antibalas
6. Deadly Habitz - Gang Starr
7. You're The Kind Of Girl (Grant Phabao Remix) - Lee Fields & The Expressions
It's been a while since I've posted a mix, but I haven't forgotten about the Afro-Marc Podcast at all. A lot has happened in my life since my last mix was posted. I've travelled across the world, dealt with some pretty major challenges, and grown a lot as a person. I tried to make this mix a reflection of my new and improved view on the world. Songs like Celebrate, Umi Says, and I Got Sunshine all tell a story. I hope you dig it, and stay tuned for more mixes to come (brought to you by the Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions).
1. I Got Sunshine - Avery Sunshine
2. Celebrate - Tony Allen
3. We Can Work It Out - Stevie Wonder
4. No One Knows - M3NSA
5. Melt! - Flying Lotus
6. Bibinay - Souljazz Orchestra
7. Montego Sunset - The Menahan Street Band
8. Umi Says - Mos Def
2012 is fast approaching, it's time we take notice of where we're headed, where we are, and what need to do to go where we would like. Personally, I've been going through a lot of changes as of late, and I feel amazing. I can only hope the world is ready to realize what is ahead of us. We feature a bunch of happy music to give everyone the inspiration to look to the future. This is the year. It all starts now! (Brought to you by The Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions)
1. Se Chiflo - Antibalas
2. Ma Do Nar (Captain Planet Remix) - Los Chicharons
3. Greedy G - Mr. Chop
4. Family a Fear - Doctor L feat. Antibalas
5. Progress - Booker T. Jones
6. This Girl - Cookin' on 3 Burners Feat. Kylie Auldist
7. Brick Road Pt. 1 & 2 - Mack and The Creators
8. Gone With Yesterday - Akido
At long last, I'm ready to post a new episode of the Afro-Marc Podcast! I'm deeply apologetic for abandoning the cause for so long. I've recently relocated to Thailand where I'm living at a yoga school. As such, it's taken me a while to feel grounded and in control of my surroundings. I've been here about a month now, so I feel like I'm ready to kick out the jams on a regular basis once again. It's fitting I get back into it with an episode entirely composed of meditation and yoga music. This is forty minutes of music designed to allow you to harness the power of your mind. Meditate on your third eye as you listen to the Gayatri Mantra. Namaste (Brought to you by The Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions).
1. The Gayatri Mantra
PS - Don't worry, the funk will return soon!
Let me start by apologizing for not posting a mix in over a month. I have no excuse. I do however have a dope ass mix for all of you who have been waiting all this time. I have to give a shout to Chuck Wild over at Mixtape Riot because I've included several tracks in this mix which I copped from him. We kick things off with a remix of one my favorite funk songs of all time, Brothers Gonna Work It Out from The Mack Soundtrack. We also feature some love from The Funk Ark, The Pimps of Joytime, and M.anifest (Brought to you by The Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions).
1. Brothers Gonna Work It Out (7 Samurai Edit) - Willie Hutch
2. How i used to be - M.anifest ft. Mandi
3. Las Cuatro Palomas (Geko Jones & Reaganomics Remix)
4. Doyoi Nyajo Nam (Quantic Dub) - Owiny Sigoma Band
5. Katipo (The Spider) - The Funk Ark
6. Bamako - Los Chicharrons
7. Janxta Funk! - The Pimps Of Joytime
8. Es Pito - Joe Cuba
I'd like to dedicate this episode to my newborn nephew Luke. It's to meet him in person as well as to see Chico Mann and Afrika Bambaataa tear it up at Le Poisson Rouge July 28th that I'll be back in NY at the end of July. As such we kick things off with a Bambaataa track followed up with Chico Mann. From there on out we feature some Captain Planet, and the title track from The Polyrhythmics' new album, Labrador (Brought to you by The Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions).
1. Planet Rock - Afrika Bambaataa & The Soulsonic Force
2. Hay que Correr - Chico Mann
3. Dame Agua - Captain Planet
4. Manzanillo - Beny Moré
5. Labrador - Polyrhythmics
6. I Dream Of Bahia - Ray Lugo's L.E.S. Express Feat. Elani
7. These Moments - Lee Fields & The Expressions
8. Zumba MamÃ¡ - Chico Mann
This episode is all jams made for a roller disco party. I went to my first roller disco party in Central park about three summers ago, and I'll never forget the fly ass moves these cats were bustin out. Ever since I heard the first cut on this mix, I've been dyin to get my own roller disco party on and poppin. It will happen sometime soon, so keep your ear to the ground for some fly ass beats...until then, dig this (Brought to you by The Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions).
1. Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll - Vaughn Mason
2. Atomic Dog - George Clinton
3. More Bounce - Zapp
4. Rock Creek Park - The Blackbyrds
5. Getaway - Salsoul Orchestra
6. Hi Jack - Barrabas
7. Got My Mind Made Up - Instant Funk
8. Catch A Groove - Juice
We kick things off from the first track from Ocote Soul Sounds' new album, Taurus. This album is seriously nasty, I highly recommend it. I also throw in a track from The Very Best's new mixtape featuring Cee-Lo (Brought to you by The Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions).
1. Primavera - Ocote Soul Sounds
2. Oficios - Mexican Institute Of Sound
3. What Part Of Forever - The Very Best & Cee-Lo
4. Are you ready (Discomix version) - Mr.Comicstore feat Nicola Willis
5. Home Again! - The Menahan Street Band
6. Mo Ri Ke Ke Kahn - Jujuba
7. Get The Funk Out My Face - Brothers Johnson
This mix is dedicated to all the lovers in the world, but especially one special lady who has made my life seem all the more beautiful and blessed the past couple months. Love is a beautiful thing. It has a way of changing the lens through which we see the world. Whether it's a lover, a mother, a brother or a friend, I hope this mix inspires you share some love with someone. The world will always need more of it, so please spread some love (Brought to you by The Afrobeat Blog and Afro-Marc Productions).
1. That Girl - Stevie Wonder
2. Just Kissed My Baby - The Meters
3. You Make Me Smile - Aloe Blacc
4. You're The Right Kind of Girl - Lee Fields & The Expressions
5. Show Me How - Richy Pitch feat. M3NSA
6. Could It Be I'm Falling In Love - The Spinners
7. It Was You - Aretha Franklin
8. I'm Glad You're Mine - Al Green